Saturday, November 2, 2013

Just Us Girls #213 - Sketch Challenge

Hi friends!  This week's Just Us Girls challenge is a sketch challenge, and Sharyn created a great one.

This is my interpretation.  I'm usually pretty literal when it comes to sketches, but those two small circles really through me for a loop!  I just could not make them work with my clock die. I tried every button, bow, brad, and flower in my stash! I think it came out ok though.  This die is from Impression Obsession and I cut it out of this cool silver cardstock my friend and now fellow JUGS member Cheryl gifted me.  You can buy it here and see how it is used in this Theresa Momber video. You can also see how Cheryl used it on her card here.   Really cool stuff!  Thanks Cheryl!
 
I made this card for my SIL's birthday.  I bought her a ticket to see Cher in concert here in Buffalo, NY in April (I'm going too!).  I was thinking of her song "If I Could Turn Back Time" when making this and I will probably type that up on my computer and print it out for the inside of the card. 

You can see more from the JUGs design team at these blogs.
 

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hands of Time (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, Trend Setter (Fancy Pants), silver paper
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Clock die (Impression Obsession), Fancy Flourishes die (PTI), white embossing powder, button, floss, dimensionals
 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Super fun card for your SIL Lisa! I love the clock!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great take! Love that bg paper too~

sue t. said...

i think you did a great job, the embellishments you added provided just the right touch to the card! Have fun at the concert!

Marisa said...

Such a great take on the sketch!! Love the clock!!

Nancy said...

What a great gift for your sister in law and great card! I think you did FAB with the sketch! Love that Hand of time stamp!!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wow! I'm loving that background paper, so many pretty colors in there. Love the stamps and that silver paper. I'm going to have to check on that. It looks great! It really is a lovely card. Your SIL will love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch! That dp make a great background for the clock with that sweet little heart and flourish. So perfect for the Cher tickets!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Lisa! Love the silver clock! Isn't that silver board great stuff?! Watched Cher on DWTS last night! She's a fav of mine too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin