Saturday, November 9, 2013

Just Us Girls #214 - Technique Challenge

Are you ready for another technique challenge from Just Us Girls?  I chose another challenge that Jennifer McGuire shared on her blog.   You can see it here.

And so the Christmas card making begins for me!  I chose Papertrey Ink's Polka Dot Parade #9 stamp set to create my background.  I stamped the Merry in riding hood red ink and Christmas in kiwi kiss ink.  The ribbon was added to separate them.  The sentiment is from Two Feet Deep by PTI also.  The clear snowflake I believe is from Heidi Swapp, and I added the white glitter dot in the center.  It's mounted on a lucky limeade card base. 

I was so intrigued by this sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch.  So fun!
You can see more inspiration from the JUGs design team at these blogs.
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps:  Polka Dot Parade #9 and Two Feet Deep (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, lucky limeade
Ink:  Riding hood red, kiwi kiss, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Riding hood red and kiwi kiss taffeta ribbon, clear snowflake, glitter dot

Photobucket

11 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE this!!! Fabulous take on the sketch and love the colours.!!

I failed miserably this week... :( Hope to do another if I have time and post it.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the colors, and the polka dot letters......so perfect!

Lynn said...

Oh you rocked this sketch! Love how you used the ribbon to break up the colors/sentiments.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa this is so cool! I love how you stamped those sentiments. That snowflake was the perfect addition on this.

Nancy said...

Love this Lisa...and great job with the sketch you based it off of! Separating the panels was brilliant! Enjoy your extra day off!

Betty said...

This looks so pretty. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Anonymous said...

I love your card, Lisa! I would not have seen the possibilities that you did in the sketch! Love the ribbon borders for your word sections!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this looks fabulous! Great take on the sketch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the sketch with your technique choice this week! LOVED the technique -- so fun!!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is super cool! I love how you used the ribbon. So pretty!

Unknown said...

beautiful card!!!
I like the flake

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin