Monday, November 18, 2013

Sympathy

My husband unfortunately needed a sympathy card for a former co-worker of his whose wife passed away.  I don't make many of these, but they would be nice to have on hand.  These events are always so sudden.  I decided to CASE myself with this card I made years ago.  I just love that sympathy stamp and the Penny Black flower has always been a favorite of mine!  The last time I made this card, I used watercolor crayons.  Today I used Distress markers.  Both so pretty!
 
So do you have a stash of Sympathy cards?  I  think I should include some in mine!  Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sympathy Calligraphy (Paper Inspirations), Flower (Penny Black)
Paper:  Vintage cream, black, Madison Avenue (MME)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress markers:  crushed olive, spun sugar, aged mahogany
Accessories:  Corner chomper, PTI ribbon
 


Photobucket

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I try to keep a stash of sympathy cards but they never last. I love this gorgeous sentiment. So heartfelt Lisa.

Vicki Dutcher said...

The side stamping looks so pretty on this card! They will appreciate I am sure~

Cheryl said...

Your card is lovely, Lisa and sure to be appreciated. I do not have a stash of these and always think I should when the need arises.
I need to pull out my solid stamps and 'give it a go' with my new distress markers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin