Saturday, April 12, 2014

Just Us Girls #236 - Technique Challenge

Hello friends!  I'm hostess this week over at Just Us Girls and it's technique week.  I chose this water colored background challenge weeks ago, and it seems that I chose a popular technique!   It's all the rage in blogland recently!   
 
I chose to do something very simple with my card.  I just took a piece of Tim Holtz water color paper and embossed the sentiment with Versamark ink and white powder.  Then I wet the paper with a paint brush where I wanted the ink to be, and started coloring.  I used reinkers here because they seemed to give me more vibrant colors.  To finish it off I added a gingham ribbon and some sequins. 
 
You can see more water colored inspiration from the JUGs DT and our guest at these blogs.
 
JUGs blog
Cheryl Rowley
Maria Levine
Marisa Ritzen
Nancy Leppek
Sharyn Polesel
Sue Trembeth
Sue VanDeVusse
Vicki Dutcher
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Make a Wish (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Tim Holtz water color paper, tempting turquoise
Ink:  Tempting turquoise, yoyo yellow, regal rose reinkers; Versamark ink
Accessories:  White embossing powder, gingham ribbon, Color Theory sequins 

Photobucket

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous! This was the best technique challenge! I just loved it!

Marisa said...

Love the bold colour wash :)

Nonni said...

So trendy and beautiful! I love these colors together!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the bold watercolored background! This really packs a punch. Thanks for the great technique this week.

Lee-Anne said...

Gorgeous colors, Lisa...so pretty! Awesome choice for a technique...love it!

Lynn said...

Such bold happy colors Lisa. I love it!

sandie said...

this is fabulous Lisa, your embossing worked so well, I can never do this, I always mess it up and the colours you have chosen are so vibrant. I do love the touch of gingham and sequins-stunning card Lisa x

Nancy said...

Thanks for pushing me to do something different! Really enjoyed the challenge! Love your bright bold colors! Have a great weekend!

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun card! I love the bright, beautiful colors!

sue t. said...

What happy and fun colors for your card!! Love it!

Robin K. said...

Love the vibrant colors!!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful bright birthday card - the gingham ribbon is the perfect addition!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin