Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Bird-Day!

Gosh, I was ready to say "Happy Monday", then I realized it was Tuesday already!  See what happens when you are on vacation and don't have to think of what day it is?  LOL! 
 
Since I was sitting here waiting to pick up my mom from her hair appointment, I decided to stamp!  I just got these Reverse Confetti stamps and dies in the mail yesterday and decided to work with them.  I just thought they were so cute.  I made it into a birthday card for my best friend Maria.  Her birthday is later in the month.  One of the first cards she made and sent to me (when she was stamping) was a flamingo card.  I thought I'd make her one all these years later.  It's a pretty self-explanatory card.  I did use some Wink of Stella shimmer on the wings of the birds.  I just adore flamingoes!
 
I used more layers than I have in a long time on this one.  I followed the Deconstructed Sketch for this week.
Deconstructed Sketch No. 159
 
I'm also linking up to the Curtain Call challenge.
 
Hope you are enjoying your summer!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Fabulous Flamingo (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Neenah white, pretty in pink, kraft, Bitty Dot dp (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, copics, signo white gel pen
Accessories:  Fabulous Flamingo die, Spellbinder's circle die, scallop border punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Wink of Stella shimmer brush, dimensional tape


Photobucket

10 comments:

Alanna said...

Super cute card Lisa. I've been debating about whether getting these cute flamingo stamps. I'm thinking I should. :)

Lynn said...

Oh those flamingos are adorable. She is going to love this!

Gerrina said...

Those flamingos are beautiful;! These birds are so elegant; love them! Hugs, Gerrina

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is adorable, Lisa! Dang, those flamingoes are hard to resist! Thanks for joining us for the Deconstructed sketch.

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Lisa! Sure to put a smile on her face :)

Betty Wright said...

This is so super cute and just beautifully detailed, Lisa! Love those flamingos and faux stitch detailing!

sandie said...

just adorable Lisa and pretty in pink! x

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card, love all the texture!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Jen Shults said...

This is so stinking cute! I love those little flamingos and the wonderful texture! Thanks for joining us for DS159!

Lisa H. said...

so fantastic. loooove those flamingos and all the RC goodies. sure made me smile. thanks for playing along with curtain call.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin