Thursday, July 17, 2014

Time Out Challenge #10 - Home Sweet Home

Hey friends!  There's a new Time Out Challenge and this time around it's our Home Sweet Home challenge.  Here is the photo for your inspiration.
 
There are so many elements you can take from this photo.  I love those stripes on the wall and the aqua color.  I also liked the watercolor look of the flags and those feather dangling from the teepee.  That was my inspiration for this card.  I watercolored the feathers and spritzed it with some brown ink.  I also added some shimmer with a Wink of Stella shimmer brush.  And I think I added too many enamel dots!  I just love those things!
 
I'm playing along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge too.
 
You can see more inspiration from the DT on these blogs.
 
 Time Out blog

Thanks for stopping by!
 
 Recipe
Stamps:  Topiary Trio (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, marigold morning, watercolor paper, Bitty Dot dp (PTI)
Ink:  Scattered straw, wild honey, spun sugar, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon distress inks, Versafine onyx black, brushed corduroy distress marker
Accessories:  WPlus9 fanciful feathers die, MFT vertical greetings die; enamel dots, Wink of Stella shimmer, dimensional tape, Tim Holtz spritzer tool
 

Photobucket

6 comments:

sandie said...

you can never add too many enamel dots!! And the colouring of the feathers is so rich and the added shimmer is just perfect x

Gerrina said...

What a great card; looks so clear while there is so much to see; clever colour use! And I love feathers... Hugs, Gerrina

Lynn said...

I love the color spectrum on the feathers Lisa. Fabulous card.

Tracey McNeely said...

LOVE your feathers, the inking is fantastic Lisa!

Shery Russ said...

Ohh, those enamel dots look yummy, Lisa! And I agree with Sandie -- you can never add too many of those! They look perfect in your card! Love how you colored the feathers!

Beverley said...

Stunning interpretation of the inspiration photo and LOVE how you combined the sketch too. Hugs Bev x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin