Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #1 - Color Challenge

Hi friends!  We are starting a new term over at the Christmas Card Challenge blog.  Today is our first challenge.   The first challenge is a color challenge.

These are great colors and different for Christmas.
 
I chose to use the colors but also the photo as my inspiration.  I was looking through my Christmas stamps and found this one.  It's never been inked (of course!) and I thought it would work nicely for this challenge.  I colored it with copic markers and added silver liquid pearls.  The word was die cut five times and stacked.  I added glossy accents to make it shiny.  I didn't save the dots above the "i" so I just dotted it with a silver liquid pearl.  I added some baker's twine and tied it with a bow. 

 
You can see more inspiration on the Christmas Card Challenge blog and these blogs.  But first, here are our new members for this term .
 
 
And the rest of the team. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Cupcake (Impression Obsession), Communique Curves (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, Wintergreen dp (SU)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, pear tart (Memento Luxe), copic markers
Accessories:  Wet Paint Holiday word die (PTI), silver liquid pearls, glossy accents, baker's twine
 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Cheryl said...

Just love these colors, Lisa!! Your card is a perfect example of their use-no red needed! Beautiful!

Inkyfingers said...

What a wonderful cupcake image Lisa and such a stylish card design!
Hugs
Carol x

Gerrina said...

Yammie and beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Great work on the challenge and perfect image for it , Lisa. Your arrangement of colours is awesome. Love the green "merry" with the black stacked "Christmas".

Melody said...

I love this color combination! Such a pretty card. The liquid pearls are the perfect touch.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin