Thursday, January 29, 2015

Time Out #23 Reminder

Hi friends!  Have your seen our Time Out Challenge?  We still have another week to go on this one.  The challenge is to make a Valentine's Day card with the option of using hearts.
 
I made another card for this challenge.  I did some watercoloring (sort of) for my background.  All I did was put some distress inks on my clear block, spritzed it with water, and smooshed my water color paper into it.  Once I dried it, I sprinkled some water droplets on it to remove some color.  I rounded the corners then cut it almost in half.  The sentiments were stamped then added the cup on dimensionals.  I added some little white hearts that were die cut from a larger die that I thought I was going to use, but didn't (these were the left over pieces from the die cut).  The larger red heart was put on dimensionals too.

 
The sketch was from last week's Freshly Made Sketches (I missed the deadline but this card was made before this challenge was over!). 
 
We have STAMPlorations sponsoring us this week, so there are prizes involved in playing our challenge this week.  Here's the deets:
1. Twist with us (use hearts) and we will do a random draw.  The winner will get a $15 voucher for the store.
2. Comment on Shery's post at STAMPlorations for this challenge and we will do a random draw .  The winner will get a stencil pack from STAMPlorations.
 
We also have a guest joining us this week...Valentyna (perfect name for our challenge too!).
 
You can see more from the design team on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Cup of Wishes (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Real red, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, SU dp
Ink:  Versamark onyx black; spun sugar, picked raspberry, and festive berries distress inks
Accessories:  Cup of Wishes dies (ME), Falling Hearts die (SSS), dimensionals
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

sandie said...

Gorgoeus rich colours and your watercolouring is really good x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Cool card Lisa! I love your watercoloring, so rich! And those small hearts look gorgeous on the background!
Thank you for your kind words and link to my blog, so nice of you :)

Gerrina said...

Great colours and grungy BG! So warm and bright; fits perfect with the cuppa! HUgs, Gerrina

Alanna said...

What a fun background.

Shona Chambers said...

What a beautiful background, the colours are so spectacular!! And the polka dot teacup goes so perfectly. Love it!!

Beverley said...

Love the background and how the 'warm' has swirls like steam from the teacup - perfect! Hugs Bev x

Anita in France said...

That's such a terrific background, Lisa ... gorgeous warm colours ... perfect for that steaming hot drink ... has me wanting to wrap my hands around the cup! Anita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin