Saturday, April 25, 2015

Just Us Girls #290 - Photo Week

Happy Saturday!  It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls!  Maria chose a beautiful photo of spring-colored tulips!
 
Here's a closeup of the photo.
 
Now I know my card doesn't look like I took much inspiration from the photo, but I actually did.  I made this card for my MIL's birthday and she loves red. Since her birthday is in April, I thought spring (like the spring flowers in the photo) and I did add flowers to the card.  She loved it and I was happy!
 
I also used the Sweet Sunday sketch for my layout.
 
You can see more inspiration from the JUGs team and our guest on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Quilted Spring, Ruby Rose, Women of Life (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, Everyday Enchantment dp (SU)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, certainly celery, riding hood red
Accessories:  Quilted Spring die (PTI), Stitched Rounded Square die (MFT), sequins, foam tape 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect use of the sketch -- I bet she loved it, it is a gorgeous card

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is stunning and just popped in the gallery! Had to pin it!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is a fabulous design and color combo!! Great job!! Thanks very much for having me this month!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I can see why your MIL loved it. Love the red also.

Nancy said...

Wonderful card! You couldn't have picked a pretty piece of red to match those flowers. Gorgeous paper!

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Lisa. We all see something different in a photo and yours is stunning. Love the layout and colours. Of course your Mum would love such a gorgeous card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a beauty! Those flowers are so pretty. You can tell that you put a lot of love into this. Love where the inspiration took you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin