Thursday, September 24, 2015

Time Out #40 - Reminder

I missed posting a card to this Time Out challenge last week, but I was able to get a card done for the reminder post.  So glad I didn't miss it altogether because I really like the designer we are case-ing in this challenge.

This is the card we are case-ing and it's by Tracey McNeely.  I've always been a fan of her style.  Take a look at this beauty that we are using to case.  So soft and pretty!
 
I took Tracey's sponging technique on her card and incorporated it into mine.  Although her colors a little more subtle than mine!  I first die cut this happy birthday die and then die cut around it with a round die.  Then I went on to sponging the cardstock in yellow, pink, and blue distress inks.  I adhered the die on top of the sponged panel and added sequins.
 
You can see more from the design team and our guest on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Spun sugar, squeezed lemonade, and tumbled glass distress inks
Accessories:  Birthday Centerpieces die (MFT), sequins, fun foam



Photobucket

5 comments:

sandie said...

I like the vibrant colours and that is such a creative way to use the dies. I think this is a brilliant take on Tracey's card.

Anita in France said...

Bright and fun and so celebratory, Lisa ... that fabulous die cut sentiment really pops against the vibrant background! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

I just love the color sponging and blending you did on this card. What a fun die that is, and it really looks wonderful as the star of the show.

Gerrina said...

Wow; love those vibrant colours! And the clock is a great idea for this card! Enjoy the weekend!

Jill V said...

I love the vibrant colours - they create such a fun feel - absolutely perfect for a b-day card! Wonderful CASE of Tracey's card! Jill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin