Saturday, October 17, 2015

Just Us Girls #315 - Color Week

Happy Saturday everyone!  I don't usually make lots of Halloween cards (even though I have lots of Halloween-themed stamps!), but Chris chose some colors for our Just Us Girls color challenge and they screamed Halloween!

 I've had this Northwoods rubber stamp for a few years and it's never seen ink!  I thought it was perfect for this color challenge.  I stamped it in black ink and then sponged the orange ink then the purple around it.  I wanted some water droplets, but instead of using water I used Perfect Pearls biscotti mist.  I wish I would have used water because it washed out the black ink.  But it sure is shimmery!  My friend Cheryl bought the mist for me after we used it in a class we took and we really liked the look of it!  This card is a square 4.25 x 4.25 sized card.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest, Julie Gearinger, on the Just Us Girls blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Scarecrow (Northwoods), Happy Haunting (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  Archival jet black, seedless preserves, chipped sapphire, spiced marmalade
Accessories:  Perfect Pearls Mist biscotti, sequins, fun foam


Photobucket

8 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Very cool looking card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background using the colors!

Ina G said...

Love everything you did here Lisa. An amazing result - love the stamp you used and the effect you achieved.

Sharyn Polesel said...

What an awesome stamp set! I love the silhouette and it looks great with your beautiful background!

Joyce said...

Such a fun and spooky Halloween card. I'll bet your stamp was pretty happy to see some ink!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the sponging with the purple and orange inks, awesome background! Great image and I love the effect of the mist. The sequins are the perfect finishing touch on this.

Nancy said...

Love the halloween scene and the glowing moon! Great job with the colors this week!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a wonderful silhouette against your fabulous background- great use of this week's colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin