Thursday, October 1, 2015

Time Out #41 - Inspired By Words

Hi friends!  The challenge this week over at the Time Out blog is our Inspired by Words challenge.  Here are the words to be inspired by:
Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile.
William Cullum Bryant

So here's how I was inspired by the words.  I chose this quilted leaf/border die using different papers for the various leaves and the "smile" sentiment. This card took me FOREVER to make!  I die cut that shape five times.  Once from the burgundy paper and then four times from the different pattern papers.  I tried several placements of all those pieces before I settled on this design.  I thought this was going to be so easy!  Ha!  I like the outcome, so I guess the time I put into it was worth it.
 
You can see more from the design team and our guest, Glenda, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Reason to Smile and Sew Simple Borders (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, bravo burgundy, Autumn Song (Bo Bunny)
Ink:  Raspberry ripple (SU)
Accessories:  Quilted: Autumn die (PTI), Maple Leaf corner die (SSS)


Photobucket

10 comments:

sandie said...

The time was really worth it. What a truly creative way to make a leaf and such a fabulous collection of papers-really says Autumn x

hellerlittle said...

WOWzer LISA !!!
Your card blow me away !!!
where are the other 4 cards ??? *sorry
but the time you´ve used it was worth
TFS CU hellerlittle

hellerlittle said...

WOWzer LISA !!!
Your card blow me away !!!
where are the other 4 cards ??? *sorry
but the time you´ve used it was worth
TFS CU hellerlittle

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Love the papers you chose to piece in the leaf die cut! A really great Autumn card!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Lisa ... all that work was so worth it ... such a lovely rich, cosy, warm looking card ... so perfect for autumn! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Wow! What a great way to combine the DP! I admire you that you can do that! You made such a warm and super beautiful card! Hope you have a fun Sunday planned. Enjoy it!

Nonni said...

I can believe this took a lot of time but the end result is stunning! All the papers and colors look great.

Jill V said...

Definitely worth the time to put it all together - such beautiful Autumn colours and patterns coming together perfectly! Jill

Shona Chambers said...

Well all that hard work so was worth it, its stunning!! I love all the different patterns and colours you chose, definitely shows an Autumn theme. And that leafy paper you used is gorgeous. Autumn perfection!!

Joyce said...

This card is so gorgeous--love the warm color scheme--it really says fall and cozyness. I can imagine how long it took to piece together, because I have tried to do something similar with other dies, and it always takes about 10times as long as I think. The end result is really worth it, as you have a beautiful card to send to someone and warm their heart and make them smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin