Thursday, December 8, 2016

Time Out Challenge #72 - CASE Challenge

Hi everyone!  It's time for a new Time Out Challenge and this time we are CASE-ing a card.

This is the lovely card by Kim that we are case-ing for this challenge.


 
And this is my take on the challenge.  I have to admit that I got this idea for this layout from another blog, however I do not know whose blog!  The idea just stuck in my head.  I drew a circle with the die, then pulled out all the stamp sets with snowflake stamps and chose four or five of them in various sized to use.  I started with the largest one then worked my way around with the different colored inks.  I used similar colors that are in the challenge card.  Then I die cut the circle and mounted the stamped piece onto the base using dimensional tape.  I die cut another circle from a scrap piece of white cardstock, stamped the sentiment on it and adhered it in the opening.  I added sequins and some shimmer to the snowflakes with a spectrum noir pen.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Deepti, on the Time Out blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Seasonal Sentiments (MFT), various snowflake stamps
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  SU inks:  celery, daffodil delight, lavender lace, tempting turquoise, real red; Hero Arts:  bubble gum; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Cross stitch circle STAX die (MFT), sequins, dimensional tape, spectrum noir crystal clear

Photobucket


8 comments:

sandie said...

This is such a fab design Lisa and I love how you used it for the CASE, all the colours really reflect Kim's card. The added dimension makes for the perfect finishing touch x

Anita in France said...

So gorgeous, Lisa ... I love how delicate all the shimmery colourful snowflakes are ... and how the cross stitched edge to the sentiment panel mimics the stamping! So pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

So beautiful Lisa..:)I just love the way you have arranged the snowflakes around the circle.Fab card. Thank you for the shout out.
Hugs!!
Deepti

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful take on the inspiration! I love your colored snowflakes framing out your beautiful sentiment. Those few sequins are the perfect finish!

Lynn said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous! This is absolute perfection! Love, love, love every last detail.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Lisa just WOW. i mean WOW. This is perfection in a card. So so pretty. I love it so much (can you tell?!) Jenny xx

Jill V said...

The snowflakes look so pretty in the CASE colours - I absolutely LOVE your take on Kim's card! Simply beautiful!

Nonni said...

Love love love your card Lisa! fab technique too. All the colors look wonderful and you have great snowflake stamps!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin