Saturday, November 4, 2017

Just Us Girls #418 - Word Week

Happy Saturday!  We have a new Word Challenge over at Just Us Girls.  Maria chose the word THANKFUL.  Great word for this time of the year!
 
I was organizing my new stamps the other day and came across this free stamp I received from Concord & 9th.  I thought it was perfect for this challenge.  I stamped it in one of those Kaleidascope ink pads.  This one was from Stampin' Up, so it's an old one called Pumpkin Patch.  Then I used a wonky stitch die to cut it out.  I also came across this plaid cover die from Altenew while I was organizing and used it over the Distress Oxide inked background.  The colors matched the ink pad I used on the stamp perfectly.  The background was spritzed with water.  I added sequins too.
 
You can see more from the JUGs DT and our November guest, Trina Pham, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Grateful for You (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Neenah
Ink:  Spiced marmalade, fired brick, peeled paint, Kaleidascope pumpkin patch
Accessories:  Wonky stitches (Avery Elle), Layered Plaid cover die (Altenew), sequins, fun foam 


10 comments:

Lynn said...

I love, love, love that gorgeous sentiment stamp!

Macimbalo said...

Love your plaid background, sentiment and layout! This is such a gorgeous creation!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cool! I love that background with the beautiful inking and the plaid cover die. Great effect on that sentiment too with the kaleidoscope ink.

Judy Woodland said...

Fabulous card. I love the colors you created with that kaleidoscope ink pad, just beautiful. And the plaid background is perfect, great card!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a gorgeous autumn creation!! The plaid with the florals is an amazing look.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your cover on that background is so perfect for a plaid look! This card is just lovely

Trina P. said...

Nothing beats a free stamp. Great colours. Love the plaid cover.

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is beeeeeeeeeeeutiful. Love the colour combination and super background. Perfect sentiment and so bold.

Maria said...

What a perfect fall card! Love your stamped image the colors. Nicely done.

Bobby said...

Yay! for finding some unused stamps, Lisa, because they work beautifully together. So do those gorgeous Autumn colors.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin