Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Card Concept #82

Hi everyone!  I'm in Christmas card mode now and saw this great photo on the Card Concept's blog.  What a beautiful wreath!  I was looking through my Christmas stamps and dies and found a die that I thought would be perfect for this challenge.  I really need to participate in other challenges too instead of just creating for my design teams.  I'm getting lazy!
 
I started by sponging some Oxide inks on Bristol paper in pinks and blues.  Then I die cut this gorgeous wreath from it.  It came out just as I imagined!  That doesn't happen often!  I just bought the Concord & 9th release and this ribbon die and sentiment were perfect for the middle of the wreath.  I embossed the sentiment in platinum embossing powder.  As I was laying everything out, I decided to impress the main panel with a linen impression plate.  Then I saw these snowflakes that were die cut from the die and added them as accents instead of throwing them out.  I sprayed the whole thing with shimmer spritz.  I think I would call this Clean and Simple according to the Card Concept's definitions.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Christmas Cheer Turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Bristol, recollections white
Ink:  Versamark, worn lipstick, picked raspberry, peacock feathers, and broken china Oxide inks
Accessories:  Ornament wreath die (SSS), ribbon die (C&9th), liquid platinum ep, linen impression plate, shimmer spritz, dimensional tape
 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Lisa. Love that spectrum of colors. Fabulous take on the inspiration.

LeAnne said...

THis is so pretty, Lisa! Gorgeous! Perfect for the challenge, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin