Friday, December 1, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays #188

Hi friends!  Can you believe it's December 1st already?  Those holidays are just around the corner, and the CAS-ual Fridays challenge is Winter Blues. 
 
I wanted to try some watercolor resist.  Not sure I'm I love with this card, but I'm posting it anyway.  I started by embossing this lovely image onto watercolor paper with white embossing powder.  Then I used a lighter blue paint to color in the entire panel.  Then I went in with a darker blue and painted the bird and bow (I see I missed a piece of the bow...just noticing that now!).  Then I took some yellow paint and painted the pears.  I originally had the sentiment embossed on the bottom of the panel, but it didn't show up well.  So I cut the panel down and stamped the sentiment in some blue ink on white cardstock, cut it into a strip, and adhered it to the panel.  I spattered it with white copic paint.  It's mounted on a mustard panel to match the pears.  I also spritzed the entire panel with shimmer spritz too!
 
You can see more from the CAS-ual Fridays design team on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Partridge in a Pear Tree (CF)
Paper:  Watercolor, recollections white, more mustard
Ink:  Versamark, bahama blue, Kuretake Gansai Tambi
Accessories:  White embossing powder, shimmer spritz, Copic opaque white 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin