Saturday, March 10, 2018

Just Us Girls #431 - Trend Week

Hello everyone!  We have a fun Trend Challenge over at Just Us Girls.  Carol chose as the trend "mythical" or "magical". 
 
I was on a design team for a now defunct stamp company called Paper Makeup Stamps.  Many of the stamps the company designed were fairies.  I went searching through my stash of them and found this silhouette of a praying fairy. I thought it would make a nice sympathy card.  I stamped the image using Versafine onyx black ink using the MISTI to get a good solid image.  I then die cut it with a stitched rounded square die and while it was still in the die, I used a soft brush and inked some yellow ink around the image.  I then just mounted it on some pattern paper, added the embossed sentiment, flower, and sequins.  It's also spritzed with shimmer spritz for a more magical look.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our March guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Fairy (PMS), Sending You (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, Blissful dp (Authentique)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Versamark, butter bar
Accessories:  Inside out stitched rounded square die (MFT), Beautiful blooms die (PTI), white embossing powder, shimmer spritz, crystals, fun foam



8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect use of the image for a sympathy card and the challenge :)

cm said...

A beautiful fairy that is, indeed, perfect for a sympathy card. Gorgeous!
Hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That praying fairy makes a great sympathy card. I love how you inked the yellow around her giving off a soft glow. Beautiful!

Macimbalo said...

Such a pretty fairy card - the yellow and black look so amazing together!

Nancy said...

I think I already said it! You are inspiring! <3

Stef Perry said...

The fairy silhouette is so beautiful and I love the yellow and black color combination for this sweet card!

Ina G said...

Just beautiful Lisa. Such a lovely image for such a sad occasion.

Bobby said...

So glad you found this image to use, Lisa. She makes a wonderful sympathy card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin